Tragic Loss In The Family

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Even though I'm about a week off of the incident, I was laying in bed Monday night when my wife fearfully says "oh my god" I look over at her on her phone and gradually read a text message that turned my stomach upsidedown...

Reading the text to find out that her 27 year old cousin was killed in a head on collison & his wife seriously injured.

The article:
Man dead after head-on collision in West Valley City
March 7th, 2011 @ 11:59pm
By Spencer Garn

WEST VALLEY CITY — A 28-year-old man died following a head-on collision Monday night.

The man, identified as Jeffrey Donnelson, 28, and a 29-year-old female passenger, Leah Donnelson, were traveling south at 6800 South on U-111 in a small passenger vehicle when it was hit head-on by a full-size, northbound pickup truck at about 6:15 p.m., said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell.

"A the time of the accident, there was a buildup of slush in the area," Powell said. He said the weather had some impact on the crash, but investigators still don't know the primary cause of how the driver lost control.

Jeffrey Donnelson died at the scene and Leah Donnelson was transported to a nearby hospital. She is still being treated for serious but non-life threatening injuries to her lower extremities, Powell said.

The male driver of the truck, likely in his 60s, was treated on scene and released.

Two other vehicles were involved in an accident at the same location but police are still investigating if the two accidents are connected, Powell said.

Powell said drivers have difficulty adjusting to winter road conditions coming out of warmer weather but need to remember to slow down.

The broadcast & pictures posted here:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=14645085

Even though he was not blood to me and only met him once, was very stomach churrning & unpleasant since my NUMBER ONE fear of death is exactly that...

Seeing him at the viewing was not any better..

Just thought I would share that with my friends on RCNT, thanks for peeking:(

My condolences to you and yours.

Thank you very much indeed. I'm suprised they had an open casket on him because you could tell it was a very traumatic end. They had to cut him out with the jaws of life:(

Thanks guys that means alot to me indeed

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.