Traaxas blast 3810 upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend upgrade an older traaxas blast. It has a titan 12t and 7.2v nimh battery. Going to upgrade to 3800kv brushless motor and 60amp water cooled esc, metal prop and 3s lipo. Think we need to upgrade to the driveshaft to 4mm. Can anyone reccomend a shaft and sleeve and coupler that will fit? Thanks!

3800kv is to much for a 3 cell lipo.. id try a 2 cell 1st.. 3500 kv is well accepted 3 cell limit,
id go with a zipp kit shaft.just pick correct length for that soon to be 24" missile
Flex cables and Drive shafts for Model Boats -- (zippkits.com)
I have a 4000kv outrunner motor in my upgraded vector sr48, haven't had any issues. Was going to use a bigger motor, probably 540 size in the traxxas so I guess I should go a bit smaller kv, I'll look for a 3500kv or slightly less. Thanks for the info.

I actually have a spare 3300kv brushless motor I am going to try. Should be good deal faster than the titan on 2s and alot faster with 3s.

Back