Totally Puzzled - Please Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielhornet1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I have The Hornet with a Carson Reflex 3.1 Pro receiver and Remote. Everything has gone very UNTIL now!! Assembly is now complete but have an issue. I'm managing to get signal to the steering server but the motor that powers the wheels is not getting any signal through AT ALL. Nothing. I have the plugs going into Channels 1 (Steering) and Channels 2 (Back wheels). I haven't got a clue how to resolve the situation so any help would be much appreciated!! Thank you.

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

Curious why you chose that radio? Have you calibrated the ESC? Read your ESC's manual for the procedure.

Curious why you chose that radio? Have you calibrated the ESC? Read your ESC's manual for the procedure.

This one was part of an Amazon package- it does say it’s Tamiya compatible on the box so I’ll assume it works. I guess I have no alternative- I’m going to HAVE to read A MANUAL! 😳🤦🏻. My son wanted the traditional stick control radio. I’m not the most literate of makers, so just wondered if I was doing something blatantly wrong so I could avoid reading the manual. Thx for your reply though 👍

This one was part of an Amazon package- it does say it’s Tamiya compatible on the box so I’ll assume it works. I guess I have no alternative- I’m going to HAVE to read A MANUAL! 😳🤦🏻. My son wanted the traditional stick control radio. I’m not the most literate of makers, so just wondered if I was doing something blatantly wrong so I could avoid reading the manual. Thx for your reply though 👍
Did you flip the channel 2 connector like Tudo mentioned above?

As far as radio's go, they are not specific to any kit. The radio system takes the signal from the transmitter and sends signals to the ESC and servo. ESC's and servos work with any radio.

For around $45 you could get a Flysky GT3B radio and receiver. It is a great entry level radio designed for surface RC's. Stick transmitters are generally for drones, planes, helis, etc, or for kits requiring more channels.

Looks like channel 2 is plugged in backwards - line up the black wires with the "outside" pins
Thanks Tudor - it worked - well observed!! All working now. You are a star.
It all needs some fine tuning as the radio controller sticks commands are very out of sync with the reaction on speed and steering, but I'm guessing CALIBRATION sorts this out?! Just noticed last page in manual which is titled 'Binding The Transmitter with the Receiver'. So Ill do that. Once again thank you very much.