Torque-less Axial Yeti

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edylcmatt

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just pulled my Axial Yeti out after it sitting in the closet for a few years. It has power…when flipped upside down the wheels will spin just fine, but upright with just the weight of the car on them it will hardly move at all.
Steering works fine.
Everything on it is original (no upgrades). I can’t see anything visibly bent or broken.
Don’t have a clue what I’m doing…so a kindergarten level explanation of any possible solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I just pulled my Axial Yeti out after it sitting in the closet for a few years. It has power…when flipped upside down the wheels will spin just fine, but upright with just the weight of the car on them it will hardly move at all.
Steering works fine.
Everything on it is original (no upgrades). I can’t see anything visibly bent or broken.
Don’t have a clue what I’m doing…so a kindergarten level explanation of any possible solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you charge the batteries?

Welcone ro the site.
Have you tried tightening the slipper or even checjing the slipper clutch? Seems like you got a slip issue or something off in the tranny.

Is it brushed and how old. If it has a brushed motor it could be worn out.

Welcome to RCT! Ya might pop over and introduce yourself 😉

As far as your problem goes, man a vid of it showing the problem would really, really help. We don't know if it's mechanical or electrical based on what you have told us here. I mean, any response with a solution would be a guess 🤔

For example...
If on it's feet, you hit the throttle and the motor revs just fine, but the RC doesn't move - that's mechanical. But if when you flip it over and the motor grunts - that's electrical. And both of these areas of the RC could lead to your exact problem. Motor bad? ESC bad? Slipper bad/loose? Gears in diff stripped? Spur stripped?

Just guessing 😜

Last edited:
battery would be my 1st thing. if it sat for years Id pull it all apart. and test bearing then replace bad