torque control slipper upgrade for the 2.5 tranny

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andler2008

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
has anyone ever used this upgrade kit for the 2.5?

i was told about it the other day at hobbbytown usa and they say it works like a charm.

i just keep going through spur gears and i can't get them tuned it right so I'm looking for a change.

Doesn't the transmission sit higher than the old one though? And run different driveshafts?
And will it even fit one the 2.5 chassis?

I'm not sure, i have two trany were my back up i got second hand, and i was told it was out of a 3.3, and i did notice it sat a little higher, but it fit right in, and my shafts fit right on, i have a 2.5 as well, and if I'm correct the 3.3 tranny should all fit, but I'm not positive, so just letting you know what i think but i could be wrong! :)

i think the chassis of the 2.5 and 3.3 are near the same, only difference i have noticed with old 2.5 and 3.3 is some have first generation "short arms" witch are the a-arms, but there chassis should be near the same, you have a regular chassis and the extended chassis, if I'm correct, trying to help, but i can't guarantee everything so we will call it an opinion :):)

if i were you, i would just get the slipper set you were talking about were i have the same problem and am getting ready to purchase exactly that, is the upgraded slipper system...but i have not had one seen one or installed one in person but from the looks and what i have read it should be an easy switch from the old to the new, the slipper system i mean...

thanks i appreciate the input. I'm going to buy the upgrade kit tomorrow. if it turns out to be a bust, then ill just buy the newer transmission.

The upgrade kit should work fine. A newer tranny will fit, I think you could use 3.3 shafts with no problems.....not 100% sure.

I have a foward only kit in my 2.5 tranny, and the new 3pad slipper upgrade didn't mesh at all. it uses a new slipper shaft/gear set and for some reason would not seat properly. the truck is second hand, so it could be a non traxxas forward kit if there was such a thing.

alright so i bought the kit, it went in well. almost too easy. it looks good, but i havent been able to run it yet.

although on closer inspection i did find out that the slipper piece closest to the transmission was actually rubbing up against the battery cover. had to shave off some off the corner. no big deal and now its cleared. the spur comes close to the box, but no contact has been made.

so now I'm just waiting for the snow to melt away again so i can run it. ill update when i can.

Thats great! i would like an update only cause I'm getting ready to get the exact same thing for my maxx, sick of going through these stupid slippers, i hear you about the snow we are getting feet right now blizzard, only i dont wait for it to melt i wait for it to stop snowing and then go run it in the snow haha but i take my nitro out on the ponds and drag race the snow mobiles :)

finally got out today to finally run my tmaxx with the new upgrade, and it ran perfect. i ran it through 1 foot of snow no problem, jumped off snow banks and what not. definately a must have if your tired of your old slipper system.

Awesome! I have plans on doing exactly that, not only the slipper, but ramping the 2-3 foot snow bankens all around! :) Glad it worked good for you, and i can't wait to update that on my maxx!... :)

Back