Top flite spitfire 60

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodChucker

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has used e-flites electric retracts in a Top Flite 60 Size Gold Edition Spitfire. If so which ones.
I am looking at e-flites 60/120 (EFLG500) Retract
and not sure which length strut to use.
and can e-flites struts be trimmed to length/

They are by Robart. I had the Robart spring-air retracts on a big plane some years ago and those were not adjustable for length. However, the ones you are asking about are. As you can see in the picture the wheel axles are mounted with a connector which will allow you to cut the upright to the proper length. Robart is the best there is, in my opinion.

EFLG500_a0.jpg

These appear to be eflite 60-120 size which are the ones I decided to go with, I may use Robart struts though.
Thanks for your input, every bit helps.

Good luck. Keep us posted during the build.
Actually, the picture I posted above is not a suspension system but a built in servo gear for smaller planes. That's the E flight that I believe Robart bought out. The big jet I had was Robart struts with Spring Air retract system. It's been several years, so I've lost track of who owns what. At the time Spring Air was an independent system for operating the gear and Robart made the suspension. It was a perfect team for any large plane using retracts. Beautiful stuff.
F-15.jpg

Back