tool/truck tote

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shall5979

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I carry my tools, fuel, and T-maxx in a plastic tote. I was thinking about building a wooden tote. Has anybody done this? If so, could you please post some pics and some dimentions/suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I have two suggestions.

Suggestion 1 (best): Get rid of the nitros and get an HPI Baja 5b. You will not need to carry any tools or fuel. There is no tuning required, they're almost impossible to tear it up, and a tank of gas lasts almost an hour. I've yet to go through an entire tank of gas in one session.

Suggestion 2: I have a Stanley tool box that I got at wal-mart that looks kinda like a carry-on suitcase that a person would carry on the plane, only its huge and it has big wheels for off road. It has tons of compartments, a tool box, and a big compartment for spare parts. It was only about 20 bucks.

I would think that wood would make the thing very heavy to carry around. A lot of guys with the baja's carry a big duffle bag that they buy on ebay that will carry two baja buggies, a gallon of fuel, radios, and some other stuff. They are about 30 bucks.

I have two suggestions.

Suggestion 1 (best): Get rid of the nitros and get an HPI Baja 5b.

:LoL: Traitor!

I've thought about that Stanley tote you're talking about, I think it'd work ok. Just need some of those plastic boxes with the compartments to throw in there also.

Whenever I go bashing, I have a folding crate that has a collapsible handle and wheels on it. I got it at Biglots some time ago for about $4. I use it to carry my two starter boxes, gallon of fuel, fueling bottle, M8 transmitter, glow ignitors, and if need-be, my battery boxes for my 1/10th electrics. Tools, I have a normal tackle box for that.

Worst case scenario, you can do the end-all-be-all solution, and get a small camp trailer. That would serve as a mobile hobby room, which is the ultimate solution if you race.

Back