To any newbie!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsmith

Dirt Oval Addict!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
THREAD LOCK
loc rite, thread lock, whatever you call it.....use it!
I can not express how important this is. Don't just have one bottle, have several! One on your work bench, your rc bag....heck, one in your glovebox! It's that important. Getting a routine of using it will save money and SO many headaches!

Very much so. When I first started, I was losing screws left and right until I locked them.

If I could only count how many times the the half a second of time it takes to drip a drip on threads would have saved me!! You shouldn't be able to buy anything rc unless you have thread lock in your pocket! Like an ID for beer!

I put my thread lock closer to the head of the screw/bolt, just so the lock-tite doesn't harden and freeze the screw/bolt into place.

Always use the blue when any screw is to be removed,

transmited from a mobile communications device

I used to use blue, but I switched to red and stopped using as much per bolt.

The ones in the center were not a problem?

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

I lost a shoulder screw out of the front shock tower last night in the lily field, and it occurred to me that I never used any lock tite on that one when I put it back together. :(

Using Red Loctite is almost as bad as using CA glue on your bolts with these small screws.

Back