tmaxx won't move-wheels spin toward each other

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx4me

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:shrug: tmaxx won't move-wheels spin toward each other

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't push it forward or backward the wheels spin freely toward each other but not in the same direction. This truck was givin to me by my neighbor he had it in pieces. I got it together and running but he must have cracked open the differentials and put something in backwards if that is posible. If anyone can give any info. I would appreciate.

Thanx

Spin one wheel. If the one on the opposite side spins freely in the opposite direction, then the diff should be ok.

Check your brakes and make sure they are not set.
Check for binding in the drivetrain.

ImBroken said:
One of your Differentials is in backwards...

The diff can be put in backwards? Now I have to go break out my maxx and take a look. I only thought it can be put in one way.

ImBroken said:
One of your Differentials is in backwards...

He's dead on, I know, I have done it. Can't do it in the savage but the Maxx diffs will go in backwards.

Oh, to fix it, just open up whatever end is going backwards and flip the diff assembly around.

Last edited:
sorry idiot me wrong thread. sorry

Last edited:
It will be right from side to side, but it can go in upside down, causing a one truck-truck pull.....or push.
Start it, and in forward gear see which end is going the right way. The other diff needs to be flipped. You don't have to take it off the driveshaft, only the axles.

Cool I really appreciate the help I'm gonna do that right now. I'm glad I joined this forum you guys saved me a lot of process of elimination to solve this problem.
My neighbors gonna kick himself for given me that box of Tmaxx parts.-----------------------( When it goes flyin past his house HeHe!) Thanks Guys!

Upsidedown.....as in the entire housing itself. That makes sense. I was sitting here thinking how the hell you can put the diff in the housing backwards.

When looking from the back of the truck the rear diff screws will be on the right and the front are on the left. :cheers:

I admit my first bulkhead change I did the same thing.

I have done this before along with many others and the best thing to do is mark them so it doesn't happen next time.

The first time I had to rebuild my rear diff, I was warned in advance by someone else who had put it in upside down. A dot of paint on the bottom, before you take it out, and you don't even have to think about it.