Tmaxx upgrades for jumping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnyteryder196

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys just converted my 2.5 to the extended 3.3 chassis using stock parts. Took it out and did some jumping last night and it was going good until the screws holding the rear bulk head started coming loose, and the screws ripped through the skid plate. Just wondering what you guys recommend to upgrade of its going to see some jumping. Thanks!

Your gunna want some quality bulkheads bud,some 50 wt shock oil too

I used aluminum bulks on the maxx for years and years but last year I tossed on a set of rpm and I haven't had a problem with them yet,just be careful when tightening the rpm ones,if you go aluminum make sure and get a good quality set and use blue loctite on the screws

I would go with the RPM tru - track on the back. Regular RPM front A arms and axle carriers. and RPM bulkheads. Front and rear. I went RPM crazy with my T -Maxx and I will never buy aluminum again. RPM is cheaper,stronger(flexes instead of breaking),and lighter. Stainless steel screw set is a good investment too.

i might disagree with the rpm tru trac kit and go with the adjustible rpm arms in the rear, reason i say this is because i got them on my max and my buddy looked at them and said the wheels arent straight and low and behold they are actually toed in a slight bit, might not matter to most but it might affect handling or the way the power goes to the ground, just my 2 cents.

and for since I'm here ill add to the jumping topic, deff buy rpm parts all around and some decent shocks that arent too stiff with good travel, and honestly just expect things to break while jumping unless you have a good ramp and a landing available, I've been beating mine up lately and things are just breaking left and right and screws will loosen up and often just a heads up.

I think the Tru-trac is already toed in at 1.5 degrees like the manufacturers suggest. As you add torque the wheels tend to toe out. It is true that you cannot adjust them but it is not necessary for bashing. I think wheel balancing is more important than the alignment.Hold your car in the air and hit the throttle. You will be able to quickly see what I'm talking about.

To keep screws tight in plastic (like bulkhead screws) , I've started using Permatex plastic thread locker. So far it looks like it works. I bought it on ebay. I gave about $10 for 3 -.35 oz. bottles.

i agree with you there it doesn't bother me much since i try and beat my max up, and I've trashed a bunch of tires already car gets all squirly with bad tires.

The true track is pretty nice for a basher!..been using it for a few years now,no more bent turnbuckles to deal with and the toe never changes

Back