Tmaxx tranny woes?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackgold

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I just pulled my t-maxx (started life as a 2.5) out of the closet the other day. It's been put away for probably a year or so. My buddy got out of the hobby and I quit too since I had noone to play with. He had recently gone through the truck and put a new 3.3 in it for me. Broke that in properly.. Anyways, we got it fired up the other day, but it would'nt move. It's revving, but not moving. Also, if you roll it on the ground (off) it will catch and stop instead of free spinning. Trying to decide if I need to buy a new tranny or if it can be fixed.
Thanks in advance.

might want to start by checking the brakes......my disk used to get wedged a little sideways and cause me grief.

I pulled the tranny out last night, pulled it apart, wow... the 2 larger gears in there are totally gorund down... SO now, I need to determine how much those gears are. repalcement looks pretty straight forward..
Brian