TMaxx throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prauner

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I had my starter housing one way barring housing crack so I replaced it. So went to crank it and had the bearing backwards. So got that fixed. I use the ez start and you can hear it crank over. I did reset everything back to factory. However not changing any setting it will not start. The only way it will start and idle is if I give it a little extra gas and it runs fine then. So I would guess some odd carb setting but not sure why it is doing this now. Any thoughts?

Make sure your battery for your ez Start if fully charged. I always have issues with starting mine with the EZ Start when it's low on voltage.

Agree. It did have a full charge and had to get a new wand. But it does start. I'm just not understanding why I have to give it so much gas to start. Like the idle is off.

Need to readjust your idle screw on your carb. It's possible it might have backed out somehow and you need to widen the gap on the car needle opening so it won't choke the motor. If you removed any of the fuel tubing from the carb, fuel tank and pipe you will need to trim the ends a little and reinstall each end. When you remove them they tend to flex and won't have a tight fit so trimming the ends give you a fresh fit.
Agree. It did have a full charge and had to get a new wand. But it does start. I'm just not understanding why I have to give it so much gas to start. Like the idle is off.

Possible. Open the screw and it's not enough. See in the pics stock and the second is open quite far where it starts then idles. Why would it do this?

Attachments

• IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1479.JPG
    IMG_1479.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 237
So when you opened up the carb idle setting it starts and idles fine now or are you still experiencing the same issue? If it idles too high you can just back it off a little and just turn the knob on your radio control for the throttle side instead. Once it starts and idles you can adjust the knob to back it out so that it idles steadily(not high).