tmaxx starting problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoldxj

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
okay i finally got ready to use my new truck and went out to fire it up with the easy start and nothing. i dont have any manuals or anything but i thought you plug it in and it would do something. the lights stay on when the button is pressed and then go out.. any help or tips would be great..

you can go to traxxas.com and download the manual. it will guide you through the set up. i recently just started mine for the first time and it took some trouble shooting. make sure your ez start is fully charged. when connected to the truck if you don't get both green lights, then that indicates a fault. sorry i can't shed too much light being that i'm learning here as well. but the manual will help a lot. check out their site. good luck

okay ill start there, I'm charging the battery now for the ez start. thanks for posting.

well it looks like my opti drive is not hooked up. i bought the truck used and its in great shape. could this be causing the no start?

this is driving me nuts, when i put the ez start on should both lights light up? i get the motor light on but glow plug off. then it will go from the motor on to off and the glow plug on. also should the blue led on this opti drive stay lighted or should it go off and on when the vehicle is moved? please help i wanna drive this thing.

edit: should the ez start be making noise or will a bad glow plug make it do nothing?

ok when the leads are disconnected form the ez start both lights stay lit up. anyone have any suggestions?

well enough headaches for one day, i apologize for all the posts. i think i narrowed it down to a bad glow plug as well as a bad ez start motor. they are both in the mail and i guess ill see what happens sometime soon.