tmaxx pro 15 driveline to 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csteiny

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was given a tmaxx pro 15 from my cousin. i got a good deal on a trx 3.3 on ebay and bought it. i was planning on replacing my whole driveline with 3.3 parts. can anybody tell me ALL of the parts that i need. will a 3.3 trany fit in pro 15? thanks.

I can't be 100% sure but if you already have the 3.3 parts it should all work. You may have to get new bulkheads too. Of course if you don't then I would just buy a .15-2.5/3.3 conversion kit and simply replace the shafts. As for the half shafts you might have to cut 'em down a tad. Should not be too difficult make it all work.

i was given a tmaxx pro 15 from my cousin. i got a good deal on a trx 3.3 on ebay and bought it. i was planning on replacing my whole driveline with 3.3 parts. can anybody tell me ALL of the parts that i need. will a 3.3 trany fit in pro 15? thanks.
I don't really have time to find an exact list of parts for ya but it's not much. The conversion kit would be # 1 and enough to get you running.

sry for the confusion maybe. i dont have any drivelineparts and i was wondering if anybody new what all i needed

I think he is saying that he wants to stick a 3.3 motor into a .15 truck.

If this is the case...... be cheaper to buy a 3.3 truck. Your gonna break EVERYTHING

Foc for the tranny, 4908 shafts, carriers and turnbuckles. Get 2 4908 rear center shafts; 1 for the front and rear of your rig. Diffs are next. $25 a piece for the newer, sealed ones. Bulkheads are interchangeable between all Maxx trucks. So the diffs are a direct fit.

y will i need 2 rears shafts ?

Maybe cause even the 4908 spec shafts will break with a 3.3 ? They have a higher angle than on the revo I broke mine in no time and I'm a pretty good driver.

Because the 4908 front centers are too long and are made for the revo style break. The front and rear shafts on the old Maxx's are the same length; the same length as the 4908 rear center shaft.

alright thanks. i was looking around and on the internet and all i could find was the metal center shafts. do i need those or plastic ones

so are all these parts interchangable

Nope. The new drive shafts don't work with the old hubs. And vise versa. The turn bucles don't either. They're all beefier parts.

by hubs do u mean axle carriers?

I recently changed a 4909 to a 4908 and even that was a PITA

so if i am putting the revo style break in can i shorten the front half shaft? its about a quarter inch to long??? this is all thats holding me up let me know please

You need to slide the diff side on all the way against the diff, pop the tranny side on and fasten, then fasten the diff side. If it's a 3.3 chassis and a 3.3 driveshaft, it has to work.