tmaxx launch control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxdude

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My maxx is reving up and launching. almost like launch control. It did it a little bit and it has gotten worse and worse. Everytime i slow down its like the clutch disengages. I put a differet transmission in from my dads maxx and it still does it. I pulled the clutch bell off and the pads arent that bad. Any ideas????

It sounds like the slipper clutch. The nut on the spur gear. Stick a small allen wrench through the hole in the input shaft to hold it. Then turn the nut on the spur gear about 1/8 of a turn. Try that. You want it to slip under a 'shock load' but still take off quickly. Is it a 2.5 with reverse? How hard is it launching? Does it jerk or launch smoothly?

yes it is a 2.5 with reverse. When i accerelate slowly it starts lurching and making a clicking sound. When the clutch finally engages it launches hard and flips backwards. But somtimes it wont.

It's not the slipper, but the clutch. That 'clicking' is the shoes hitting the CB. When they engage hard, that's what causes it to flip. If you think it's okay, you'll at least need to open it up and scuff the shoes and CB with a scrubby or light sandpaper. If it still does it, it would be a good time to replace it, since it's probably a spring problem.

oh so thats what the clicking it! i was always wondering why the heck my truck was clicking. i probly need a new clutch though. if the clicking is the clutch then what is the ringing i sometimes hear? sorry for jacking the thread

Yeah check your phone:hehe:, then if you still here ringing it's probably the clutch bell. It could be rubbing the flywheel or have bad bearings.

Are the after market clutches with three aluminum shoes any good?

Back