Tmaxx engine time!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake hughes

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys I was looking for a force .28 engine are these a good powerhouse for bashing? are they available anywhere eBay sold out .what exhaust could I use my stock resonator pipe?

Welcome to the site. Before you buy a big block make sure your chassis can fit it. You will at the very least need a big block motor mount.

Back in the day there was a ton of big block conversions for the tmaxx. That tells me you need a longer chassis and center braces to fit such a powerhouse. For exhaust something like a hpi savage or similar big block would be the exhaust route I'd go.

Just some food for thought. I have zero experience with a big block in a tmaxx. But, I have fooled around with four different motors and carb combos.

An OS21 is going to add a lot of power over the stock 3.3. A dynamite .19 is going to add just as much power as the OS 21. Haven’t run the Mach 2 much but so far, it’s everything a os motor is concerning performance. But, if you are looking for the quickest 3.3 combo, an 11k carb on a good 3.3 motor is going to provide you a very fast Truck.

Just some food for thought. You might be miles ahead in experience versus mine. And, just want a big block. But, if you are looking to increase performance substantially over a stock tmaxx, these options are a lot simpler. Good luck and post up pics whatever you decide.