Tmaxx 3.3 tune

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corycoleman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a tmaxx 3.3 and I'm trying to tune it I've tried factory settings then leaning the high speed till performance stops but I think the low speed needle is too out of wack a that setting flush with the inner ring, I was getting performance out of it but It will throttle just fine I get up to speed and then when I'm slowing down it starts to bog then dies but starts right back up then I repeat thing I took my engine apart and the slave was fine but the piston attaches to a sleeve and a little piece chipped off at the bottom of that sleeve, if anyone could help me call me and talk me through I figured since it runs and I get power out of it it just suddenly dies when the acceleration is off top it Boggs sometime when I accelerate, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

I have a tmaxx 3.3 and I'm trying to tune it I've tried factory settings then leaning the high speed till performance stops but I think the low speed needle is too out of wack a that setting flush with the inner ring, I was getting performance out of it but It will throttle just fine I get up to speed and then when I'm slowing down it starts to bog then dies but starts right back up then I repeat thing I took my engine apart and the slave was fine but the piston attaches to a sleeve and a little piece chipped off at the bottom of that sleeve, if anyone could help me call me and talk me through I figured since it runs and I get power out of it it just suddenly dies when the acceleration is off top it Boggs sometime when I accelerate, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated
Also the idle gap does not move or stick or change when I press the brake

Welcome to RCNT ! I had a similar problem with my TMaxx 3.3 It would bog sometimes and other times it would just flame out and die. No amount of tuning fixed the problem. What I finally found was the screw under the fuel tank lid backed off and the O-Ring wasn't sealing the tank, so I didn't have fuel running to the carb. I tightened up that screw and the problem disappeared .

I tried that and the screw was tight and the oring also made a good seal, I could hear it pop when I pulled the lid back