Tmaxx 3.3 runs too hot.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolsy100

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well, my new tmaxx 3.3 which i have ran about 12 tanks of fuel through, runs super hot! it gets to like 306 degrees (Fahrenheit) do i need to tune it richer or leaner? it's been really humid and hot lately. So any tips or tricks to keep it running cooler? and could someone post a pic of a perfectly tuned tuning screw? it would help! thanks.

306 :whhooo: That's way too hot! It's too lean, you need to richen it way up. I'd go back to the stock needle settings, then tune from there. A picture of a perfectly tuned high or low speed needle screw won't help you one bit. Every engine, fuel, air filter setup, glow plug, and your locations temperature, humidity, etc will all be factors in tuning. And remember, don't adjust the needles on a cold engine either, motor has to be up to operating temps before tuning.

Here follow this

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60832#flowchart

Thanks guys

But i really didnt lean it that much maybe a 4th of a turn from factory settings and thats it!

Then go to factory and leave it there if temp hits 280 shut it down. And btw keep in mine if you tune on concrete then move to grass your temps will be higher tune driving on the surface you intend to spend most of your time on

And don't forget there are 2 needles that need tuned, HSN & LSN.
A rich HSN and lean LSN will get you to overheat too.

Tune with a half tank of fuel, warmed up, tune the HSN first then tune the LSN, then retune the HSN if needed.

Thanks guys

i richened it a little and runs about 230 I'm going to lean it a tiny bit more.

Back