TLR tuned Losi LMT Kit build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrebee88

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Hello all!
My local RC shop talked me into picking up the TLR LMT monster truck kit. So far I only have the diffs put together. Should be a fun adventure!
I plan on using and MKS servo for steering and a Castle Copperhead paired with a Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro 540L 2700kv
IMG_0262.jpeg

I tried using a kitchen scale to weigh the diffs as per instructions, but my scale was not up to the task of being precise. I did the old fashioned way and just eyeballed it.
IMG_0263.jpeg

Have fun with the build.🤩

I got the links and shocks put together and they are very nice and solid. My only complaint so far is with the manual. They give you vented caps and bladders so you can do them how you prefer but do not include any instruction on how to properly put the shock fluid in and bleed them. Good thing I have built Tekno kits that actually have these instructions.
IMG_0264.jpeg

The chassis is going together smoothly. Pretty different from anything else I’ve built. This will be my first solid axle monster truck.
IMG_0265.jpeg

Nice job with pics. Nice to see the build process for this 77 yr old newbi ;o) I'v all ready changed the facoty shocks due to spring keeper disaperance. Poor design, has to fail. Upgraded with CNC Aluminum shocks. Suprised I broke a lower control arm though.
2023 2 11 Traxxas snow-2.jpeg

For whatever reason this kit comes with a 23t servo saver… probably due to horizon buying out everybody and wanting you to use spektrum servos. I went ahead and ordered a new one from Treal to replace it. There is not a spektrum servo out there that can compare to this 45kg AGFRC servo!

IMG_0281.jpeg

I am going to figure out the best spot for the limiting straps and install them to keep the shocks from getting damaged from these heavy tires dropping. Now for the hard part… figuring out which body!
IMG_0277.jpeg

Wow! that is the first monster truck I would consider getting. That thing looks awesome!
Post some video of it kikin a$$!

Back