Tires and Rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srbecker

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just had a few questions if you guys could chime in and give me your opinions or what you have used in the past or even currently?

1. Once I need to replace my tires/rims, are their better rims and tires to ues or are the stock just as good as any?

2. If I wanted to get a set of road tires, or atleast more road appropriate, what does everone recommend?

I dont need to tires yet as my tmaxx is fairly new, I just want to know what to look for when I do need to replace them.

I have a T-Maxx 3.3

depends on where you run, if you run on concrete and asphalt then you should buy a set of road tires and wheels to change out when you want to run on the road, Proline makes a good road tire, and there are so many different kinds of tires and wheels, just look around and see what you like. I'm not a racer so i use all sorts of wheels/tires combos.

If you want your t maxx to stop flipping over under hard exceleration and take corners like your driving a Corvette take a look at SPI racing rims they come with a life time warranty against just about anything and they are custom made to your liking the only problem is they only come in a 3.2 size as far as I know but its worth taking a look at them you will love the way your tmaxx handles after you put them on

If you want your t maxx to stop flipping over under hard exceleration and take corners like your driving a Corvette take a look at SPI racing rims they come with a life time warranty against just about anything and they are custom made to your liking the only problem is they only come in a 3.2 size as far as I know but its worth taking a look at them you will love the way your tmaxx handles after you put them on

Ok, thanks. I am kinda heading towards getting a set more for road driving and keeping my stock set for dirt and bashing, and then replace those with a better dirt set when needed. Is that a stupid idea and a waste of money? Should I just look into a nice set of rims and dirt tires to replace the current ones when needed and not worry about a road set? I mean I would say up to date, I have driven on roads and parking lots more than dirt and grass, but come summer it will reverse, so in the end, I am probably going to be dirt/road 50/50...

i have always had street tires and a set for off road.

i have always had street tires and a set for off road.

Awesome! Thanks. I'm looking at the following to purchase next time I have money haha. I recently spent it all on upgrading more important parts.

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/Pro_Line_40_Series_Road_Rage_Tires_2_Fits_40_Se_p/pro110400.htm

with these rims

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/Pro_Line_Tech_5_Wheels_3_8_40_Series_Black_2_7_p/pro272203.htm

Now I know that they will still need to be glued because they are not true beadlock, but I dc to be quite honest.

That's a pretty good setup, the road rage tires have always hooked good for me on asphalt and blacktop, and they last pretty good too on a stock truck

Awesome! Thanks. I'm looking at the following to purchase next time I have money haha. I recently spent it all on upgrading more important parts.

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/Pro_Line_40_Series_Road_Rage_Tires_2_Fits_40_Se_p/pro110400.htm

with these rims

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/Pro_Line_Tech_5_Wheels_3_8_40_Series_Black_2_7_p/pro272203.htm

Now I know that they will still need to be glued because they are not true beadlock, but I dc to be quite honest.

Thats a pretty good setup. Proline makes good stuff. However to help reduce rollovers, you may want to consider a wheel with an offset. The offset (1/2" is good) will widen the stance of the truck. Also true beadlocks are considerably heavier than glued wheels, the extra weight sometimes can cause problems.

Thats a pretty good setup. Proline makes good stuff. However to help reduce rollovers, you may want to consider a wheel with an offset. The offset (1/2" is good) will widen the stance of the truck. Also true beadlocks are considerably heavier than glued wheels, the extra weight sometimes can cause problems.

Ok, cool thanks, good to keep in mind as far as the extra weight. I am not going to buy these anytime soon so I have plenty of time to look. What I will most likely do will be drive my stockers until they are toast, then order a new set of proline dirt and street all at once.

I'm not into pushing my opinion on any one and I hope I dont sound like I am I'm very happy with my rims when the package came before I opened it I though that they shipped an empty box when I opened it I was shocked to see all 4 aluminum rims they weigh next to nothing, they have 4 different style of rims, racing, show, and bashing, just to give an idea of how strong they are i hit a cement curb at wot I broke the front end off the truck one tire came off the rim and landed 10 feet away and the rims didn't even scratch, look for a rim that has a off set of 1/2 or more you won't be disappoint as for two sets of rims and tires what's the point just get a good all around tire and your set why spend money.

as long as they are 14 mm, yes, but thats a big tire to be running on a stock truck, you will loose alot of gitty up and IMHO its rougher on drivelines,servos and clutches, here is a couple pictures of my TMAXX with the same size tires and they are huge.They are Moabs on Axial beadlocks, I am actually thinking of selling mine just because of the size and weight of them, they look cool but they are probably 3 times as heavy as a stock tire/wheel combo. Just my .02

photobucket-4111-1329795439332.jpg

photobucket-6272-1329795465261.jpg

photobucket-4668-1329795489681.jpg

Last edited:
i agree, had them on a savage and they sure are heavy but a good traction tire.

Back