Tire upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuster

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Thanks to everyone for your help wit my lrp .30 upgrade on my savage x. Once again i need help though, that thing is all over the road now, tires balloning and swaying like crap, getting it to 3 rd gear is out of the question right now. Think i wanna do the rims and tires first then get the extension kit, any advice is well appreciated. Once again thanks to all for your help.

Check to make sure rear tires toe-in and the front toe-out .. And you'll be ready to bash .. As long as you mounted the tires rite ( for the savage xl I have bead-locks ,, best way to go) And check steering trim as well ..

Post what ya came up with ..

So going wit a 40 series setup will or won't help wit the handling, jus wondering i keep hearing and seeing it mentioned. I am going to check the toe in the front and back tm though, thanks for your help

Never tryed em ' .. The bigger and softer the tire the more the truck will be all over the road .. I have mashers on mine for bashing and they balloon up somewhere about third gear now my bead-locks on bow-ties are even worse and there smaller and really soft .. Who knows I guess it all depends on what ur tryin to get out of the tires .. Sorry I couldn't help ..

40 series absolutely helps with handling and tipping due to the wider stance and larger contact patch, however there is more rubber so ballooning is still a defect on them. I have a set of big joes on oversized axial 8 spoke they are glued and ready to go if you want to test some 40 series tires I can sell you these.

i went with goliaths. common sense tels me that the bigger and wider the tire, the more chance to do the balloon thing. IDC.......just want my ride to look cool :)
how much for those jo's? I'm a sucker for a bargain

Most of my time is spent in the road so i wanted a wider thinner tire, guy told me today to check a brand called phaltline i think but, today after changing some gearing , went with a 18 pinion and 47 spur, the tranny quit going to second, a new 3 speed thats been working great. Took it apart and everything looked ok, all the gears even spinned when i turned spur gear. I didnt pull gears out casing though, would i need to? So after i handle this i wanna check on those tires though.