Tire repair

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMaxxMike

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was just doing some awesome donuts in the dirt road when all of a sudden I ripped out two tires. One of them was brand new. They are Traxxas stock tires. Now I see why they ripped. Cheap azz thin rubber. No re-enforcement on the inside. They peeled like an orange.
What should I do now? They don't look like they can be repaired but I am cheap and don't care how it looks. I am thinking black duct tape.
IMG_20150711_182644_937.jpg

Their trash now dude..get over it and buy new sneakers,lol...

You can get a new set of those for around $40. I've been running these tires for several years and I've never seen one of them do that.

Are you sure you didn't hit something because it only did it to one side from what I see?Ed

I never seen anything like it. The two front tires were brand new. Less that a tank of fuel. The back tires were old but in good shape. It was running great. Pulling wheelies in the grass. So I took it onto the dirt and gravel road and started doing donuts. Bam. It flew into the air about 2 feet and when it landed I had 2 ripped up tires. I never did find my resonator tube. That went flying too. I should have had a video of it. Maybe next time. I have to buy a couple more tires first I guess.
Maybe I just have a bad azz TMaxx.LOL

Was there crushed shale in the road?..or costuction debris?..it must of got traction on something sharp

I've had tires come apart exactly like that on a revo, I got big air doing flips and it exploded....I bet the two blown tires were ballooned at the time

Yup. Probably all the above. That was the best 10 minutes of the entire day. I learned something from it.... Keep at least two spare tires on hand at all times. I run this thing till it breaks. EVERY TIME. Usually it lasts longer than 10 minutes. LOL

Lol....I stay away from doughnuts these days,..destroys tires,beats on the driveline and on a perfect tune the engine usually starts overheating pretty quik

Back