tire glue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyro29123

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i ave a tmaxx 2.5 with a 3.3 on it and it sucks the tires right off the rims! :angry: i glue them an let them sit then it does it again. someone please show me a trick or something! thanks

First and foremost you must make sure to clean the tire bead and the bead mounting area of the wheel.

There is residue left over from the molding process and the glue will not bond properly. I use DA (denatured alcohol) to clean the tire bead. Spray some on a clean rag and wipe away at the tire bead. Do this several times using a clean section of the rag until you no longer get any brown residue coming off.

Scuff the bead mounting area of the wheel using a wire wheel on a Dremel tool. Now you can clean the wheels by washing in warm water and dish soap. Make sure to get all the soap off and that they are completely dry before mounting the tires. Also do a quick wipe down of the bead mounting area with some DA before mounting the tires.

Scuffing with a wire wheel is optional and provides extra insurance.

If you are using plated wheels, you must remove any plating from the bead mounting area with the wire wheel.

Be sure to use a quality tire glue and not just some crap you get at the local hardware store. I am partial to Losi thin tire glue, but there are many options available.

Last edited:
i ave a tmaxx 2.5 with a 3.3 on it and it sucks the tires right off the rims! :angry: i glue them an let them sit then it does it again. someone please show me a trick or something! thanks

Your lucky your not running a brushless setup on 4 or 6s! Your tires will rip off but leave the bead behind! lol.

BTW, what tires glue are you using? I've had a couple different brands that would hold for nothing and several that would, the ones that do are basically just super glue relabled imo.

ok thanks i was using some hobby glue a guy we were runnin with had and i tore the tires off on my first run.

Allow at least 24 hours for the glue to completely before using.