tire glue on stock rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okihost

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Today I realized on the outside of two of my rims I have dried superglue on then, is there any way to get rid of this? I was going to use nail polish but I figure this is obviously going to remove the chrome paint also.

Yeah, acetone (fingernail polish) will remove super-glue on contact. But if it does get on the chrome, it can mess that up. It all depends on how good the manufacturer's chroming process is.

But since you said that the superglue is simply on the tires, I would use acetone. Just put some on a Q-tip & rub the tire to get the glue off. Make sure you don't soak the Q-tip b/c acetone will run all over your rims.

Are you trying to remove the tire, or just some glue on the outside edge of the tire?

Well I actually got it on the rim also so it looks like I am just going to try and take it off with some nail polish and paint them black maybe.

Was my first glue job so its basically a learning experience for me, one thing I did do was get some superglue that comes with the brush at the end like white out has and emptied it out and filled it with the tire glue I got at my LHS and it seems to work much better.

thanks

I would just leave it like that. Because if you try to pell it off there is like a 90% chance that you are going to remove the crome.

just go out there and run ur truck, the super glue will come off. worked with me. why is everyone worried about looks, its about brute strength and power. lol. :devil:
later

Back