Tight bend BB header

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showjyr

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm in the final stages of building a pretty beefy Tmaxx and I'm a bit stuck. I'll soon be ordering a picco .26 red dot and an ercm side bleed pipe. Now I've tracked down the adapter to go from the small exhaust port of the picco to a BB pipe, but I'm trying to figure out what header to use. It's goin on a Maxx do I'm looking for something with a nice tight bend.

Thanks in advance!

You need to contact Robin @ ERCM and ask him the best way to approach it, he would know.

Nope he wouldn't...already talked to him and he said he's never owned a Maxx and doesn't get much feedback. Mentioned maybe a 4.6 savage header...maybe.

Thanks though

Ok so I have a starting point...now who makes a good one to work with one of those pipes? Not specifically asking you but anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll try and find dimensions on that one to be safe. How would that connect to your pipe...no springs, rubber coupler?

Coupler with that one or the springs with either of the two at the bottom of this page.

http://tsais.com/products/exhaust/headers/index.html

---------- Post added at 1:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:04 AM ----------

I can give you any dimensions on the HPI header you need, just let me know what you want, it is the conventional size for big block exhaust ports.

Hi five on the links guys. So which is better, especially with the ercm pipe...coupler or spring setup?

That is a personal preference thing, the performance will be the same either way

Okay, just didn't know if one would work better in a certain situation. I'd like the dimensions of the one with the spring setup if I could trouble you for them. The spring connection seems a little tougher to me.

Okay, just didn't know if one would work better in a certain situation. I'd like the dimensions of the one with the spring setup if I could trouble you for them. The spring connection seems a little tougher to me.

I would say the difference between, and my personal opinion, the two is how much tolerance you can have on your mounting situation. The spring set up has way less give/bend if you need that little extra tweak to get it to sit right the coupler would give it to you. Aswell you can buy so many variations of couplers.

Although I'd rather go with the inline you make a good point and I had considered that. Knowing that something like this was never meant to fit in a truck this size I went with the coupler style one someone linked to and the matching coupler...I got them both fairly cheap from towerhobbies along with my engine and free shipping.

I guess I'll know soon enough if my UE mounts will fit the picco

Non of the linked headers will work with an 8 shock setup. 4 shock setup maybe, even then I think you will need to give it a tweak. Ill work on posting a pic of mine.

---------- Post added at 6:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:08 PM ----------

photobucket is giving my problems. jump to revo forum open picco .26 and traxxas big block adaptor2/3 way down the page is my maxx.

I'm running the 4 shock setup from UE along with their towers...I'm good at "tweaking" things so we'll see how it goes. Everything is ordered...now I just gotta sit back and wait for a crap load of parts to start rolling in.

I'm building on a UE thunder chassis and from the looks of your pic I've got a fair amount of space by comparison...could you take a quick measurement? Say from back of the spur to face of your towers.

Last edited:
Ha, guess I could have used just about any header...got it by a country mile :p

Last edited:
Back