Throttle sometimes jams wide open @#(@

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdog1971

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
every now and then my throttle opens itself wide open and wont come off!! nearly put a hole in my garage wall!!!
A possibly related issue sometimes when I turn on the truck the throttle will not work at all and the way I can get it to work is to flick into reverse then back to fwd, and it seems to "wake" up the servos then allowing the throttle to work as advertised.

So are the problems related? do I need a new optidrive or a new receiver??

Thanks for your time

Scotty

out of curiosity, did you check the spring on the throttle bar that brings the throttle back to 0? i had huge braking and rev issues and the little spring on the drivers side had somehow come un-attached. that, luckily, was a short nightmare for me.

either that or it seems like you have a high low speed setting. I'm a newb so take this post for what I've rated it.

thanks but its not the spring.
Its like the car is happy sitting there idling away at a normal RPM then bam the throttle opens full and the truck is gooone......

I think its the Opti drive or the receiver box, can someone confirm this and which one it is before I go and buy both off flea bay?

Thanks
Scotty

thanks but its not the spring.
Its like the car is happy sitting there idling away at a normal RPM then bam the throttle opens full and the truck is gooone......

I think its the Opti drive or the receiver box, can someone confirm this and which one it is before I go and buy both off flea bay?

Thanks
Scotty

Hey Scotty, you can bypass the Opti-Drive box and connect your throttle servo directly to the RX box. You won't have reverse while testing....unless you want to move both wires. Look at the manual, I don't recall the colors off hand, but you can see which port is for the throttle on the RX box. Just unplug the Opti-Drive and plug in the throttle and test it out. If it works fine with no glitches, you can also try resetting the Opti-Drive. The steps for that are in the manual also. Let us know what you find.

Back