Throttle servo dying?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raiden101

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When I start my Slayer, the throttle pulses, but is responsive to radio commands. The only thing I've changed is a 40t spur gear. :\

PS. It continues pulsing when I try to accelerate, and dies once I let go

I'm a little confused as to what you're saying here. Just check the servo operation before you fire it up I guess.

Ok, let me rephrase:
When I start my truck, it will only start at half throttle and won't idle or drive. When I run WOT, the throttle pulses and goes no where. The throttle respondsnormallywhile the truck isn't running

Ok, let me rephrase:
When I start my truck, it will only start at half throttle and won't idle or drive. When I run WOT, the throttle pulses and goes no where. The throttle respondsnormallywhile the truck isn't running

Ok, let me rephrase:

Ok something happened, I was replying and it all got erased. I'll try again: As long as you are sure it works 100% with the engine off then it's time to look for loose metal. Make sure your pipe and header aren't vibrating together and look for loose screws. Anytime you have metal to metal contact or a loose washer or screw dancing around it can cause radio interference. If that doesn't help then it's time to check out the engine. Change the fuel tubing and plug, look it over for any place where it may have been dumping fuel. Does it sound like it normally would? I've had crank bearings go bad on 3.3's that made them run terrible, but never screwed with the radio. If all of the above checks out and you still have a problem then you may have an air leak. Also make sure the steering works normally with the engine running. Get back to us if all this stuff checks out.

Now I'm not so sure it wasn't a fluke. I was working on putting in the swaybar kit, so I had the exhaust pipe and fuel tank off, and my friend decided to start it. It only ran for about 5 seconds, but it ran just fine. Idk what to think now

I haven't gotten a chance to see if it works yet, I've been to busy during the day

I just tried it and it's still doing it. I took a video, so I'll try to put that up, or a link to it in a little while

I changed the spur gear back to stock, and it seemed to fix the problem. I haven't run it for more that a few minutes yet, but it's 3 in the morning and my neighbors wouldn't like to be woken up right now.

On another note, I messed up uploading the video, and I can't seem to get it to work now

Ok, the problem persisted until I got a 2055 servo from my friend's jato. He slammed it into the wall and broke the mounting bracket, but replaced it with the top of a 2070 that he burned the gears out of in his t-maxx's steering