throttle return spring

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifft it

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
1. take the 2 screws out of the rollbar on throttle side, remove long throttle rod and turn it backwards and upside down
2. loosen the screw directly infront of the the 2 rollbar screws you removed and attach 1 end of the exhaust gasket spring (may have to pinch the loop closed a bit so screw withh grab it)
3. screw the 2 screws for the rollbar back in and attach the other end of the spring to the underside of the 90degree throttle boss and on what sticks out of the hole!

also: on a side note , i use the stock hpi return springs in the same manner, only i attach the big loop to the rollbar instead

linkeage2.gif

linkeage1.gif

Looks like that just might work will have a go at that myself as i sometimes think my return trottle spring as stock setup isnt quite strong enough...thnx!

Sort of confused, i read it a couple times but I'm not sure what flipping the throttle rod upside down and backwords does ?

Also taking off my exhaust spring idk what i would use to hold my exhaust on. i would need to buy another spring.. Also thats a pretty strong spring, i would imagine the servo would almost be fighting that spring just to open the throttle depending on how much tension is on the spring.

I know this would work i just can imagine the servo sort of struggling to open the throttle.

its not that tight. its on a novarossi 28 , so a stock hpi return spring is way too loose. i have a bazillion exhaust manifold gaskets but ran out of carb springs, and you have to buy the whole linkeage to get the spring. normally i just take stock spring and hook it to the front rollcage bar.

the throttle rod is normally down by the frame, ya turn it upside down to make room for the spring so they dont bind and also so the hook part on the on the bottom of the plastic L piece attached to carb linkeage, otherwise the spring has to go over the rod to attach it. and also the rod is formfitted to the rollcage, so if you turn it upside down, it needs to be rotated so it can clear the rollcage properly

will try to get better pictures tomorrow morning

Back