Throttle response problem!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroSCX10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello I have an xtm .18 and it idles fine but when i apply throttle it takes a bit to go and keeps accelerating after i release the throttle!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hello I have an xtm .18 and it idles fine but when i apply throttle it takes a bit to go and keeps accelerating after i release the throttle!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

It could be too rich on the Lsn setting ,try a pinch test on the fuel line ,if it takes a long time to die ,then its too rich!..:cool:

It could be too rich on the Lsn setting ,try a pinch test on the fuel line ,if it takes a long time to die ,then its too rich!..:cool:
ok thx i will try that i also found my lsn very loose. idk why i alwas forget to do the pinch test get to exited i guess lol

A retune is where I would start as well. Go thru the whole thing, from idle gap thru to fine tune and see what you've got. Also, just verify you haven't got a weird mechanical issue like stripped servo gears or something else preventing throttle servo from operating the carb properly.

I would also check the throttle return spring as well to make sure it has some tension on the servo so that it will close the throttle if the servo loses power.