Throttle and brake adjustment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagebeast

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey all, I just built my 2nd savage 25 from a box of parts I got off of a guy, and a few questions.... Is there any adjustment to the brakes besides the linkage screw, and do I need a throttle return spring? I'm not running a failsafe, but can't seem to get the throttle/brake linkage to work together. either, 3/4 throttle, and good brakes, or wide open throttle, and no brakes. Am I missing something? Servo seems to have full movement, and good batteries. What do ya think?

Can you move the linkage closer to the edge on the servo horn? This would give you more throw.

I use a ballpoint pen spring cut in half on the side of the linkage with a collar so when the throttle is closed the servo can move further to activate the brake.:D

Thanks for the advise, I just used a piece of fuel line to take up the slack on the linkage, seems to work just fine. can't wait to get it outside and try it out and tune it. what a great site, you guys are awesome!!!

Back