Three Speed For Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToFast2Drive

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
anyone have the Three Speed if so can you see any diff from it like more Speed at low and high end??

yep more torque on take off and much more top speed. especially if your running a 18/47 gear combo you wont be able to control it in 3rd unless your in a wide open area.

So, in your opinion, worth it or not? (if you have the money to buy a new engine)

ToFast2Drive said:
anyone have the Three Speed if so can you see any diff from it like more Speed at low and high end??
i dont got one yet but its suposed to. Thats Why I'm getting it...I Will Tell You How It Is when I Get It

worth it hands down. southeastrc.com has the kit for $61 shipped.

really Lightninghobby has it for like 50$ and 86 assmebled

cool thanks for the info that will be my next item i get i think

mine doesn't shift to 2nd OR 3rd which way do i turn the set screws to get them to adjust they are at factory settings i believe so what should i do PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE 3 SPEED IF YOU HAD TO ADJUST IT PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY TURNS IN AND OUT PLEASEEEE

Mines doing the same thing ! OK do this adjust 1st/2nd gear by loosening the screw untill it starts to shift then do the same for 2nd/3rd . There is no set amount of turns because there are so many different engines with different power bands By the way loosening the screw will make it shift sooner and tightening will make it shift later