thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok, so i have a couple of things on my shoping list once i get some $ for my savage x.

1. big joe's, anyone have them and like them?
2. I'm looking at an lrp zr.30 best i can get right?
3. pipe and header combo for the engine?
4. what glow plug and fuel % should i run?
5. gearing with the engine/tire combo?

thanks guys in advance.

I just bought a LRP .30, have heard they are great mills, breaking mine in tomorrow. I am curious to know of a good pipe for the motor also.

Running the JP4 on my LRP .30.

Great engine by the way, no way you will be disapointed.

As for the tires, big joes are known to not get so great of traction on anything.
I've got a set of Moabs for my Savage and the tires seems to do alright on about
anything.

why is all the good stuff so damn expensive? I'm planning on having eventually one of the most bad ass savages around. I already have headlights for it :]

I think Rolex already has you beat. :hehe:

i mean bad ass, as in insanely fast and beastly, not weighing in at 40 ibs and all metal.

does the savage rotostart fit on the lrp .30?

Last edited:
No, I was really bummed about that. I'm sure there is one out there that will fit, I am going to stick with the pull start for now.

No, I was really bummed about that. I'm sure there is one out there that will fit, I am going to stick with the pull start for now.
i hope so, i don't want to have to go back to yankin' on a chord again lol that rotostart makes life so simple.

I went with the Ofna force .32 mill for my XL. Just broke it in yesterday and even at factory settings running 25% nitro the thing was pulling insane wheelies! plus I got it about 40 bucks cheaper than the LRP. Just a thought. Plus thay make a Roto Start back plate for it.

anyone else have anything to say about the ofna .32? what about a pipe for that? same as for the .30?

In my experience Big Joes are a bad idea. Look like fun, but are too wide and heavy. Your truck wont turn well and will be slower and less responsive.

I'm just using the stock XL pipe right now and it seems to like it pretty good. My neighbor across the the street from me also has a Savage XL he bought his about a month after I got mine. He's dicthing his 5.9 for the Ofna.32 after he saw how it ran.

Last edited:
my savage dousnt go verry fast right now lol. the shift mechanism is messed up so i have to get a new one :[ $3 part keeps me from shifting to second gear lol. hit the gas and it sounds like its going a million miles an hour but only going about 15. lol

I am really starting to enjoy the pull start over the roto start, more convenient and I don't have to haul along that bulky roto start.