thoughts on S&W fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddywater

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought a used 2.5 T Maxx with about 3/4 gallon of this fuel. Never seen it before. Now that I've read a bunch of threads and gotten your thoughts on "Top Fuel AKA donkey piss lol", i thought i would ask about the fuel i have. Honestly I'm running it becuase it was with the truck. All i know about it is that its pink and it makes my 2.5 run pretty damn good, but I'm still trying to get it tuned perfect for my driving. I've had the truck for about 48hrs now. Just doesn't want to idle right. Cuts out if i lean on the throttle hard, if i ease into it then it tears up a stock 3.3 (gears make a big difference)

I haven't used that fuel myself but I've never read anything bad about it. All the fuels I've ran came down to matching the right plug to it to make it run well,including Top Fuel. They are different in oil content which makes some messier to run,like Top Fuel.

If it is cutting out at all then you might have it alittle to lean on the hsn.. I have heard as long as it is 12% on the oil or less than it should work fine.. if you can't get an idle at all and you can't fix it by tuning then check to make sure there is no air leaks anywhere..