thought id share my little project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crzy-svg-usr

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well thought id share my ongoing project with you fellow savagers....

Picture263.jpg

It's preformed NC. Check out the "CE" on top of the near side. Now the question is what was it originally. It looks familiar, probably something I remember seeing on the hobbyshop wall. Dubro maybe??

The CE looks to be on the bottom of the servo. The lexan does look like it was cut from an R/C body... What ever it is, it looks sweet... Whats the secret?

Wih I knew more about hat you were doing. i have been looking for an aftrermarket battery/servo box that's easier to get in and out of, and has a bit more room. There has to be one out there somewhere.

I wish craz-svg-usr would grt back on to provide some more infor on this thing it looks cool.

ImBroken said:
The CE looks to be on the bottom of the servo. The lexan does look like it was cut from an R/C body... What ever it is, it looks sweet... Whats the secret?

ahhh. i see now. hehe, it tricked me!

hows it held on there? MAn I'm dying to know what it is that hes using for the electric cover.

ok ok time to answer some questions i guess, this is my new buisiness venture i am soon going to be mass producing a batch of them to sell off and seee how they do, that one is just a model i made to show aroudn to some hobby shops it is not the final design yet.

now for what its made of, the final product will be made of a clear acrylic which is fexiable an dnot brittle but is also firm and holds shape well. the one pictured is plexiglass because that was the easiest to work with to make a model.

the mounting will be screws for now but in time i will produce a bottom radio box that is clear also with relocated pins so they arent a pain to get to and they will be thicker so they dont snap.

here are some other pics of my test ones.

this was one of the messup models but was sold off...
Picture054.jpg

Here is the first one made before the start of summer for testing durring racing season, this is after racing.
Picture014.jpg

How so you make them? Withe a mold, form them around somfin, etc. Or is that a secret?

ill share how i am going to make the final products, injection molding, i will have an aluminum mold that will fill up with the plastic and then 15 seconds later will pop out finished, so every 15 seconds one will be done.

and for the model, time patients and tons of trial and error.

it when from this which was my first one ever made.
Picture244.jpg

to this. which is still not a finall product
Picture263.jpg

Hey are you selling these, Do you need people to test them out? I want
to get one of those hook me up with some details of this radio box cover... Just what the Doc ordered more room in my savage!

testing is over, production is happening now I'm still testing the market before i spend a good lump of money on tooling to have them made because i can't do it with the methods i have been.

that's really nice work I'd say. Had me totally fooled, that one picture looks very production. Good lucks with your sales!

how much ££££ will it be and when might it be on sale?
you should sell them on ebay

Well, you can put me down for one when you are ready to sell them.

well it wont be ready for a while i need to make a cad program then cut the mold then start molding :D

Buncrana said:
Well, you can put me down for one when you are ready to sell them.

Yeah me too!!

In addition to the extra room, it also will ensure no more pinched wires trying to pin the cover to the top. I pinched the fail safe wire in half due to the fact i didnt see the wire get in the way.

Smart..cleaver idea...I just wished i had thought of it. :hammer:

Good job crzy.....your a genius

glad I'm not the only one who pinched wires lol thats main reason i started to make one

well..hows it going..keep us posted..many are interested!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!