This really sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A few people have noticed I have not been on as much over the last week or so. I guess I will give a brief explanation. A very close family friend (the type that is closer than actual family) has been diagnosed with a very aggressive breast cancer. The biggest piss-off in the entire matter is she identified the lump a year and a half ago and the doctors just ignored her concerns telling her it was nothing to be worried about. They have since moved back to England where we had met them to begin with and the new doctors have diagnosed her as being in the later part of stage three....supposedly once you are in stage four you are terminal. So as right now she has started chemo and we are just hoping for the best. They are still trying to find out how far it has spread though her. Her husband is still active duty military so has work commitments that must be met. So my wife and kids are packing up and going on an extended stay (3+months) in England to help her out around the house and moral support. Wow airline tickets from Japan to England are crazy expensive and fricken cleaned me out. But I don't care because it is totally worth it....if my wife and kids were not able to see her we would never be able to get that time back. Regardless of the price it is worth it because this is something that there may be no second chances with. So right now it is a very emotional time around the house as we prepare for their departure. They are preparing themselves for the trip physically and emotionially it will be a tough time for them. So basically I have been spending more family time at home than with my other family here on RCNT. So over the next month until they leave I will be on a little but not as much as I normally am. It is strange how we take things like friends for granted until we are actually faced with something like this. So keep us in your thoughts and we will hope and pray for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry to hear this, and will keep her in my families prayers. Take care of what you need to, we'll be here when you get back.

Sorry to hear.
Go do what you have to do. And keep us updated. We will be here when you get back. :)

Sorry to hear it man. Lost my grandma to cancer.
I'll keep you guys in my prayers

Sorry to hear about such crappy news, your in our thoughts and prayers

I'm sorry to hear the bad news.
That's great that you and your family are helping her out like that.

She will be in my prayers.

Tough news man. Maybe she will pull through.. Stranger things have happened.
P.m. me tha name and I'll add to the prayer list. Hang in there.

I will keep your friend and family in my prayers. I'm sorry to hear about this.

Sorry to hear about that my friend. My thoughts and prayers go out.

Sorry to hear that Joe, you and your family are in my prayers and thought. I hope it goes well for you.

Sorry to hear the news Joe. I'll be praying for you guys.

Back