This looks tempting :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
This is calling my name, probably a good thing nobody has them in stock, the wife is forgiving but I shouldn't push my luck. 🤣

gm57005_1.jpg

That is a sweet looking rig. My big reservation with GMade is that I've heard that getting parts is a bit challenging. Also, not a lot of after market support. For me, that's a huge problem, but I know that you've got the means and skill for fabrication.

Gmade is good quality, but rhe parts are extremely hard to find. I parted out my Gmade R1 onto other vehicles because I couldn't find replacement parts.

@Boondala I was looking at the Komodo back in June, nobody had them in stock at the time. So I ended up with an Element. Don't regret it but am still curious about the Gmade.

When I noticed you had one, I was wondering what you thought of it. Would love to hear your opinion. :)

Hey, glad to be here. Yes, I highly recommend it. I added the optional hi/lo gears, and it’s now even more fun. Do not buy the GMade body led kits, as they don’t actually fit the Double cab. It’s 3 led in each corner, so lotsa wires. eBay has some cheap light kits that work well. The GMade light bar led kit is the correct size, however, but the wiring is pretty big and takes up roof rack space. You’ll also have to punch a number of holes in the roof to secure the roof rack. Don’t forget to punch a hole for led power cord. This was my first time working on an rc so I pretty much ended up taking the whole thing apart, then put it back together. You know what?? It worked perfectly fine!! Shifting from lo to hi was just so cool!! What a happy day. Anyway, the shocks and diffs were gone dry, which is why I ended up taking the thing apart. I think I need to get heavier wheels. I live in Vegas, and it pretty much never rains here, so I’ve not been able to try the double cab in watery conditions. Stock tires are nice. As far as spare parts go, I can find them on eBay, or just straight from GMade in Korea. It’s never taken more than 2 weeks to get stuff from them. YMMV. Anyway, I’ll post pics tomorrow.

@Boondala I live in similar environment, very little rain, and hot dusty terrain. The Komodo is a great looking truck, I've heard lots of good feedback for Gmade stuff. I would like to get one but my stable is getting full now. Have to remember this when I'm ready for my next one.

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :thumbs-up: