Thinking about Roll cage??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnrcustoms

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, thinking about getting a roll cage to protect my revo a bit. I found a rc solutions kit on e-bay for 60 bones.. Wondering if anybody has a few pics of one installed on their truck. Also, will it make the chasis more rigid which will brake stuff. Right now I heavily bash my truck and have minimal carnage, so I would like to keep the same strength just add protection.. thanks

Also, what are the downsides to the cage?

The only downsides IMO, are added weight and more hassle to work on the truck.

Anywhere I can find a few pics of one on a truck?? Really the only work I ever do on mine is clean the air filter. Looking to upgrade that to a bigger one if i can find one,

i would like to know if you can use a body with a cage.

i have a cage on my revo and i like it. I had to raise the body posts all the way up and do a little cutting to get the body to fit but its cool. It is harder to work on the truck though.

I can't believe nobody has any pics!!

i bought this one hard bodyz it does make it hard to work on. but theres only 4 bolts that hold it on. its purty strong to. I've landed on the lid from thrity feet up and no damage.
1247207880.jpg

I've tried a couple roll cages and the only one that really protected the truck at all was the ones made by new era.

my .02

The newera one is nice I have the one from there that's like a t it's like 40 new there is an extension for it but I put it on it's lid often doin wall rides and jumps no problem still fits a lid and ok to work on

I was too lazy a couple of days ago to snap the pics but here they are. It is the RC solutions Cage on my Revo 2.5 chassis w/ a 3.3 in it. The cage has been on a year and spent many hours in the skate park and BMX track without significant breakage so I have no complaints. The last pic is a piece of extra chassis that I reinforced the underside of the motor mount to avoid any bending, I have landed that thing on its roof 20ft off the lip of a bowl without breaking.

Last edited:
Back