Thinking about going brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DB_86

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a newer tmaxx 3.3 and I have been upgrading it over the past dew months. The 3.3 runs good, but I am sort of liking the look of the simplicity of brushless power. I know very little about the brushless motors. My question is what is a good reliable motor/esc set up that will provide about the same or a bit more power as my 3.3 and not break the bank? I know that I could get another truck for the price I will put into the maxx, but I'm a do it yourselfer nd I like how my suspension and chassis etc is set up now. Thanks for the help.

Without "breaking the bank", hobby wing equipment is reliable.
Another, I've had extremely good luck with the traxxas velinieum (?) systems. I run two of those. Right now on eBay, there are new castle creations monster pro for $115 NIB. I'm thinking of snatching one up just as a spare!

I run a mamba monster 2 combo with 2200kv. Super impressed and it's under a $250 at my lhs.

HobbyWing for cheap, Mamba Monster if you want it not to be to stressed.

I've been looking at the xerun 2250 anyone have experience with this? I'd like to run 4s with it. Does this set up give a good amount of power and torque?

I ran a sensored Xerun setup and was very satisfied with it!