Thinking about getting a 4wd roller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I would like to get a 4wd roller since I have a trx .15 pro and nothing to use it with. What would you guys do? It runs real good and I want to put it to good use. Could I say get a tmaxx roller, toss it in there, beat it up and eventually go back to the 3.3?

That would work. T-Maxx rollers aren't excessively pricey or rare.

You just missed out on a deal. I sold a model 4910 2.5 tmaxx roller with two sets of wheels and tires and already upgraded 3.3 a-arms and axles last week with some other spare parts for just $75.

Another member has one for sale that I'm interested in. I thought the tmaxx has a 2 speed, will it even shift with the .15 pro?

Yes the black two speed with reverse is the same trans on the .15pro and the 2.5 and 2.5r tmaxx. Its not gonna be a hot rod or anything with the .15 but it should run it just fine for bashing around. Good thing is you wont have to worry about too much power tearing your driveline up.

Yeah, I think with the .15 pro it would work out nicely. It still has power but I think with a "underpowered" 4wd setup it would be a lot better at going through and over a lot more obstacles than my pede. Especially if I geared the .15 for top speed. Maybe I'll find a good one and play with it. I think I'll keep reverse with this one though, I have read they weaken the transmission but with the .15 pro I don't think it would cause problems like a 2.5 or 3.3 would right?

Yeah you will be fine. Most people stick the forward onky kit in em to make them a more dependable and better performing transmission. Since you are not worried about high performance and speed you will be fine.

That's what I like to hear. I got a friend with an electric pede who always gives me crap about no reverse. 4wd and reverse should be unstoppable.
Not to get off topic but said friend has an older electric pede and they gave those more attention than my nitro pede. His came stock with a waterproof servo and the waterproof receiver box. I wish they included that with mine. Needless to say I have them now!

Back