The Zebra Jeep is back!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm going to try and do the body a little justice but the rc funds are low so it will be a slow project. It should be up and running before to long but the details are whats going to take a while. Here is what I'm starting with.

Project-Zebra.gif

should be sweet!

The shocks came in today and the first order of business was to strip them. I haven't decided if I will continue to polish them or paint them.

Ready for the easy off
shock.gif

Say bye bye to the gold
stripping.gif

Right out of the easy off
stripped.gif

After one round of polishing
polished.gif

Bling-age.... what are those from? a high-lift kit?

They are from a TLT

Shocks look good! You gonna four link it or leaf spring? Got a chassis picked out yet?

Money is tight so I had to "settle" on a few things. I was planning on a more scale chassis but for now I will use a Reign 2-3s chassis that I picked up used and it will be four linked. Later on it will get a chassis swap and bigger tires/wheels.

I feel ya on the money being tight. That's why half my projects have stalled out.

It will still be a great looking rig when you finish it.

The nice thing is, scalers are never really finished, lol.

I finally found time to start lining things up. I got the axles locked in place and lined up the chassis and tranny so I can get the linkage set up started!

chassis-mock-up.gif

Looking good bro, tlt's came out nice too. good job.

Thanks SNG! After messing around with things the TLT shocks are too long unless I run a droop set up. I might change that up later.

The links or made and installed, I still need to make some shock mounts. I mocked it up just to have an idea of what it will look like.

YJ-mock-up.gif

Thats frickin hot.

Thanks guys, i can't wait to get this mofo running!

I would like to thank you guys for following along but due to some recent medical issues this project will not be completed. Most of you will see it on other sites, for those that won't it will all be sold and I'm sure most of my other rc's won't be far behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.