The most acceleration

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is going to give the engine the most acceleration on the engine, slightly too lean on the lsn, bordering on does not start without adding gas and richening up the hsn or leaning out the hsn until it's a little too lean and richening up the lsn. Hust trying an experiment.

Take the engine way lean, and gear it for low end. The lean condition will maximize the engine and the gearing will give you the off the line jump. You will have great acceleration, but by gearing in this fashion you lose top speed.

In theory, a lean LSN should be what gives you the best acceleration. But if you also mash the throttle, you have to have a lean HSN to keep the engine from bogging when you clamp it. So I would say that if you want the engine to really rip, lean both. You'll burn it up, but it will be fun while it lasts.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Take the engine way lean, and gear it for low end. The lean condition will maximize the engine and the gearing will give you the off the line jump. You will have great acceleration, but by gearing in this fashion you lose top speed.
Sorry Sky, I didn't clarify that I wanted to leave gearing the same just do a little needle work.

Candyman, what about tinkering with the forbidden msn as well?

Well, since I have not been fortunate enough to own an engine with an MSN, I have no clue what to tell you. I'd assume you want to keep that lean, too so the whole power band is maxed...