The best .12?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ED195kw

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm just about to buy a Kyosho V-One-RR, but I want to decide on the whole package before I buy anything.

So what do you guys think the best .12 motor would be? It can be either side or rear exhaust non pull start. I've been eyeing off the Collari XS .12, it's rated at 1.4hp at 36,500rpm. Does anyone know of any better motors?

Also I need to buy radio gear. I'm thinking of getting the JR R1. Any thoughts, suggestions?

I like the JP Black Nova XT-12. I have seen one run and damn it is one fast sucker but really hard to find.

I am partial to RB X12T 5 port, but if you could find the RBX12T 5 port Rody Modified, I think you will be really happy.

I dont know if either of these are the best, but from what I have seen, they are really, really good. Dont go with a side exhaust, the smaller exhaust port restricts flow meaning less power, but I have seen some side exhaust engines that are pretty quick. Also, dont believe what you read when it comes to output and horsepower. There are engines that claim so much but those are just numbers. Go with word of mouth or what you see out there. Then decide what is the best engine for you.

I can't use a 5 port engine, my club rules specify that no more than 4 ports are allowed. Any other suggestions?

Can you use modified and or turbo engines?

RB has a 3port turbo and a 3port modified you may want to look at if you are interested and if your club allows. Check out the site here at the RB site.

Rules state: no modified engines, no more than 4 ports, no forced induction.

Go with a Mugen MT12. I like that one a lot. Runs fast, easy to tune. If you are racing, fast engines dont win races. Better drivers outlast a fast engine. A great driver who runs a fast engine is lethal.

MJ

The track I race at holds 15min races, so you haven't got much time to make some ground.

I'm going by the same theory as you:

"A great driver who runs a fast engine is lethal."

Go with the Mt12 long rod engine.

Back