The beast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittyzz

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
third time writing this dang post because people are annoying and won't leave me alone :angry:
anyways.. here she is, I've got a bit of an attachment to her being my first and how much I've learned and how much I've put in
CAM000341_zps6b8fa262.jpg

CAM00046_zps72ff06d5.jpg

CAM00047_zps4bb3ad95.jpg

CAM00049_zps96d24ffa.jpg

CAM00053_zps5a631884.jpg

CAM00053_zps5a631884.jpg

CAM00054_zps68bb3a80.jpg

CAM00055_zpsdfa62082.jpg

CAM00062_zpseb378989.jpg

CAM00063_zps9cc8ce56.jpg

CAM00064_zpse3f515d7.jpg

CAM00066_zps2e4262b8.jpg

CAM00069_zps545f3036.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take a picture of the destroyed chassis when I get back home, and a picture of it with its snorkle on and. with the battery box closed and on it(doesn't shut 100% flush but it works!
I also wanna do stacks with rubber tubing but idk it the heat will melt the tubing.
maybe one day mine will look like this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=952pyQ0mfOw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

so now I got the chassis off, is the front of it supposed to bend up? and be kinda wavey? I don't think so lol, but all the screws were loose and easy to get out, diffs need grease how much should I put in? there pretty much empty... and it's noticeable
and I'm getting pretty comfortable, I've pretty much torn the whole thing apart now

First things first, there is no reason for profanity on the forum, second, i think you should explain some of your "mods" and should probably buy some proper body clips to hold the body on, the stripped wires on the battery in your TX, and your battery box is a problem waiting to happen. you'll find that solder and shrink wrap is your friend when your working with wires on electronics. As for the grease in the diffs, you should use silicone diff oil to refill them, its much better than the grease.

so sorry about the profanity, I didn't catch it, it's been a while since I've been a part of a forum, and I agree on the shrink wrap, and solder, but for now I used hot glue on EVERY live wire,
in regarded to the body clips, they are extremely tight so I feel safe with them
the tx has some electrically tape now, and the free wires you see in my battery box are the rest of the unused wires from the switch I used and won't hurt anything.
as for the mods, I used tubing from paper towels to direct the air
and for the truck and tx they both have a 9.6 volt battery in them a 1600mah in the truck, the rest is just some wiring and hot glue
thanks for the responce, and sorry about not being up to par with everything... I just need a little polish to shine
CAM00075_zps8f9fa3ce.jpg

Attachments

• tmp_CAM00070-1-1-2146555002.jpg
    tmp_CAM00070-1-1-2146555002.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I see you've got quite a few "home made" mods going on there. How was the truck running before you started them? As tmaxxfreek pointed out, you should definetly solder and shrink wrap those wires. I know the hot glue is a quick and easy fix, but in the long run you want it done proper so that you have good contact and be able to stand up to the bashing. You shouldn't need the paper towel roll, normal driving and a good tune will give you plenty of air flowing through the hole in the front of your windshield. I hope you have a blast running it, I still get a big smile every time I smell the burning nitro!!!

I see you've got quite a few "home made" mods going on there. How was the truck running before you started them? As tmaxxfreek pointed out, you should definetly solder and shrink wrap those wires. I know the hot glue is a quick and easy fix, but in the long run you want it done proper so that you have good contact and be able to stand up to the bashing. You shouldn't need the paper towel roll, normal driving and a good tune will give you plenty of air flowing through the hole in the front of your windshield. I hope you have a blast running it, I still get a big smile every time I smell the burning nitro!!!

Haha yes I do, just stuff I've thought of lol, and I haven't had it running before because I didn't have the glow plug, and I haven't finished tuning it yet because of the damaged chassis and the stripped out motor mounts due to the previous owner using the wrong thred... the guy before me didn't take care of it at all!
but I'm rebuilding it as I go :D
I should have her tuned and running tomorrow
and about the air flow I just wanted more flow to the motor just to have extra cooling
and types I know it's a quick fix but I don't have solder a solder gun or shrink rap right now... I need to order some stuff:\
I haven't ran it yet at all but God I can't wait
you have no idea how excited and happy I will be when I get to run it good for the first time!!!!:):D:first_place::):D;):):D:):D

I'm realllllly confused about all that is going on in here.

I was hoping no one would say anything lol, but yea I know sorry, I had shorts on they just slid down because of how I was sitting... sorry lol
and for what's going on just my trying to rebuild my truck because the guy before me didn't take much care of it sadly

Rolex doesn't let ANYTHING get past him.

Yea I've noticed haha, it's not a bad thing though!
anyways got motor mounts and chassis today, everything on and ready to go just have to make the other half some food and then I have to tune it a little more. now I am confident it's going to run well and run strong, aside for the one semi bent and partially damaged doggone.. but I have a backup on hand!
I'm so pumped! !!!:):D:D:whhooo::first_place:

I'm so sick of my pull start, I've broke and reshaped the coil twice today, can't wait to order a Roto start!

on another note, got it pretty tuned, she isles but I have the brakes stopping her from moving, is that normal? or should idle be lower, and I tool off once down the rode good acceleration, roles it went and flipped it and went to accelerate and it died, that's low speed right?

If you're breaking the pull start then your yanking it out to far. Did the manual come with the truck? If so, you should put the needles back to stock settings and go from there. Learning how to tune is one of the most difficult parts but also incredibly fun. Don't get frustrated if you have problems keeping it running, you'll catch on as you go along. You want the idle as low as possible without the truck moving or stalling.
Make sure you read this also: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102688

Last edited:
If you're breaking the pull start then your yanking it out to far. Did the manual come with the truck? If so, you should put the needles back to stock settings and go from there. Learning how to tune is one of the most difficult parts but also incredibly fun. Don't get frustrated if you have problems keeping it running, you'll catch on as you go along. You want the idle as low as possible without the truck moving or stalling.

---------- Post added at 7:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:41 PM ----------

Did the manual come with the truck? If so, you may want to turn the needles back to stock settings and go from there. If the pull start is breaking then you may be pulling it to far out, but once you get it tuned correctly it will start on the 2nd or 3rd pull. Don't get frustrated, tuning is one of the most difficult things to learn..but also the most fun.

no manual sadly and I got the stock offline and seems to be doing great I think my idle just needs to be lowered, like when it starts the tires are moving pretty good... I'm hoping the tires aren't my pads or spring, but if they are they are. I'm really wishing I went brand new right now, started from scratch with my own.
and for the pull start I pulled it once to hard the first break, the last 2 have been the medal coil breaking that sits in the black housing that hold the rope, so I just bend it to the shape its supposed to be lol
and I can usually get it to start 1~2 pull when I prime it!
but I had to heat the motor to get it to start today
but on another note my next parts to order are Roto start and a 2 speed tranny =)
thanks for all the replays and everything guys
I'm really glad I joined this forum, and I hope to grow with you guys!
I want a savage next:D:first_place:

Last edited: