The average tune.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
I had went out to run my Kyo. the other day ,I knew that it ran great an the temps hovered around
260 to 280deg. ,it had an ok tune on it ,not so bad to kill an engine!
So I had grabbed an igniter that I forgot that it had a bad connection an caused me to think that
the engine wasn't getting no fuel ,so I opened both needles up quite a bit ,after trying to start the
engine for 10 minutes I had a fuel drowned engine ,so bad that it soaked my air filter before I realized
that I grabbed the bad igniter in which I knew was bad from the previous times!..:doh::doh:

So today ,I had to retune my engine from scratch off of flood gate needles!..🤦‍♂️😜
But anyway ,sense I've always been lazy on tuning my engines ,I thought that I would go ahead an show
me buckling down an tuning an engine in which that I never had to do because I always figured out what
the real reasons why they wouldnt run right other than assuming that it is a tune issue!..ENJOY!..👍:cool:

Nothing like the sound of a nitro engine early in the morning. Sounds like . . . Yeah, sometimes those little things bite you in the tail. Back in my nitro days, I'd keep a glow plug threaded into a 1/4 x 20 running nut. Used it to check my igniter before attaching it to the engine glow. Kinda of fail-safe to ensure the igniter was doing its thing. Always good seeing your nitro cars charging out of the back gate. Love the shade tree tuning. Lucky guy. No shade trees in Texas.

An after some final Lsn. adjustments ,as if the engine is too rich ,it will die when you get on
throttle ,adjusting the Lsn will allow you to trim down the fuel on idle an prevent the engine
from loading up!