Thanks Schumi!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmechG550

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
While he didn't pull off number 8, he's still by far one of the best drivers to have ever gotten behind the wheel of a race car of any kind. Thanks for the memories and the countless number of times I sat in awe on my couch in the wee hours of the morning to watch you live. I somehow don't feel this is the last we'll see of him in F1!

It's unfortunate to see him go. He has proven again this season that he is still a force in F1 and probably has more wins and champs left in him. But he is doing as all legends should. Leave while still at the top of his game.
So that leaves next season wide open. Alonzo is in a new car. And who knows what the rest of the shakeups will be. My gut tells me to keep my radar tuned to Kubica. Keep him in a solid ride and he'll be tough. And I want to see Kimi in the Ferrari!

I think Kimi in a reliable piece of machinery will prove he'e a true force in F1. I think Fred is making a huge mistake moving over to McClaren. I agree on Kubica, look out for him. And while I'm really going to miss schumi's cool as ice driving and the way he could pour it on whenever the call came in he is stepping down at the right time... On top of his game. I think last year hurt and made it a chore for him to continue on.

I think Kimi in a reliable piece of machinery will prove he'e a true force in F1. I think Fred is making a huge mistake moving over to McClaren. I agree on Kubica, look out for him. And while I'm really going to miss schumi's cool as ice driving and the way he could pour it on whenever the call came in he is stepping down at the right time... On top of his game. I think last year hurt and made it a chore for him to continue on.

Personally I'm not really too bothered that he's retired, I've never really liked him but I can appreciate his huge talent.

While the statistics show that MS is the most successful F1 driver ever, sadly I don't think he'll ever be regarded as a "legendary" driver in the same way that Senna, Fangio, Moss, Clark or even Gilles Villeneuve are, which I think is a great shame as he is undoubtably ONE of the best ever.

I don't think any driver can be called the best ever for the simple reason that all the "greats" are from different eras with vastly different machines at their disposal.

Personally I think MS is retiring rather than having to face up to having a team mate on an equal standing in the team like Kimi would have done next season.

For me there have been just too many times where the ruthless streak (MS on Hill in '94 Adelade, Villeneuve, Jerez in 97), pure cheating (this year Monaco), stupidity (MS in Spa '98 ramming Coulthard and blaming DC) and wins handed to him on a plate (US GP and Austria) to name but a few.

Thanks for the awesome drives but seeya you won't be missed by me.

My tip for next year.

Lewis Hamilton in the McLaren.

The boy done well !! ^^^^^

Lets hope he keeps it up. could be a Nigel Mansell in the making.

Dave

Everybody that remembers Nikki Lauda (Lauda Air... LOL) knows that it's better to go with some dignity left. Michael Schumacher has revolutionized the F1 circus and stayed to be a very approachable person. While I think it was time for him to take his hat (he's got a beautyful wife, no one in his family will ever have to work again, kids, hobbies a.s.o) he will be living proof of the fact that as a driver he was one of the best, but also in the highest sponsored vehicles of all time. Let any other guy work for ferrari, and he will be right behind him. Speculation about his "step down" where all over Germany when we where still living there (3.5 years ago) and I believe it was now finally "time!!!"

I met Nikki Lauda through Aviation and many of the pilots that flew for him afterwards and can say he's one of the biggest bullshitters out there. His "self-exclaimed" expertise on F1 & Aviation has triggered many of our fellow F1- fans and aviators to rashes and E.D!!!
M.S. will never be this "great" because he's down to earth...
I'm willing to bet that he will be able to drive one of these powermachines 10 years from now, without embarrassing himself down to the pants.

Schumacher was a dirty cheat. Sadly i will remember him for this fact, rather than his accomplishments.

Dave

It's because he wants to run NASCAR! YEEEE-HAAAAAW!
Highly doubtful, he's was quoted as saying it's too dangerous (lack of safety equipment prevelant to F1) and there's no excitement in it. Personally after the first four snoozers this year I agree.

Personally after the first four snoozers this year I agree.

Man, you're not going to get any arguments out of me on this one! That race yesterday was so boring!

NASCAR = Rich man's Hamster wheel.....

Yeah it's F'ing boring watching cars drive around a circle at 200+.....it's like watching golf....may be fun to actually do it but really sucks to watch it!

i read a few schumacer haters here and i suppose everybody has an opinion. All the same he's still one of the best drivers i'vbe ever seen. I'd like to see this Lewis Hamilton on the track see what he can do. as said now schumacer has gone the field is wide open, should be an interesting year for racing