Test race mods for stock Mini Mgt 3.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMGT55

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This is a test thread. I have come up with some small ideas to make my mmgt race ready. I want to take it down to the local track and see if it'll hang with the revo's and rt-x's(believe it or not).

First thing i did was upgraded the Camber Rods. I replace the two rear ones with the stock savage ones. To increase durability.I also replace the steering rods with the stock vxl steering rods.

rcpics039.jpg

rcpics038.jpg

Then i swapped out the air filter with the stock filter from a duratrax rt-x27

rcpics045.jpg

rcpics041.gif

Next I'm going to ad the stock wheels from the rt-x27 by using the stock savage x 17mm hubs and the stock nuts from the savage also. And decided to ad a rx pack from traxxas for better runtime. And last but not least the futaba 3pm radio and rx.

rcpics046.jpg

Trinity monster horsepower 30% fuel well be run at the track.
Let me know what you think. I will be using stock electronics minus the radio and rx.

This was the truck in stock form.

rcpics025.jpg

rcpics022.jpg

The next thing I'm going to do is try to mod the stock t-maxx 2.5 axles to fit the mmgt. Due to the main weak point of this truck i dont want one to snap during a race.

I just finally found a driveshaft upgrade from AE. They make a universal driveshaft set for the 3.0 its supposed to be 3 times stronger. I just bought them for my race build.

Parts will be in tomorrow. Will finish doing build and post pics of race ready mmgt thanks

Got my axles in today!!! I will post my review and pics tomorrow of how they run.

I just finally found a driveshaft upgrade from AE. They make a universal driveshaft set for the 3.0 its supposed to be 3 times stronger. I just bought them for my race build.

can i get a link to where you bought them...i want to get a mini mgt and i want to pick these up along with the truck
thanks!

He's no longer around, and he scammed me and this MGT that is in the pics should be mine :mad:

Idk where he got them, I don't have the MGT, i should but he scammed me.

Back