Temp Guns

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob D

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
As it say i want to know what everyone is using to check the temps of there engines..

What to buy what to stay away from etc etc I'm going to get one soon and want some ideas which is the best or course cheep is good too

Thx Rob:banana:

Hard to beat the Raytec Mini Temp you can find it as low as 65 pr 69 bucks average around 75 to 80 dollars the new one does temps to half a degree. I just got one and I know most others at my track run the same one. Stay away from the radio shack ones couple guys at local track had them said they suck in bad way. There is one other that is real expensive like 250 bucks that is supposed to be the best but screw that the Raytek is the bomb if you ask me

RAyteck 64.99 I have never used these guys but they are the cheapest on this gun I got mine from tower it was around 75.00 also remember that Tower and Hobby People.net both will pricematch so call them if you like and get them to pricematch this place I listed..
X

Sorry X....

I use the Radio Shack temp guage and I don't think it's too bad. It's served me well. For the $50 tag, it's not too bad..

Originally posted by Candyman
Sorry X....

I use the Radio Shack temp guage and I don't think it's too bad. It's served me well. For the $50 tag, it's not too bad..
Got one too, works fine.;)

This is what I use, it has laser pointer that you can turn on and off, and a backlit display for temping at night

14607901.gif

Originally posted by M@xximillion

Got one too, works fine.;)

Me Too, I compared it with my friends RayTek and they were both exactly the same! I think the RS actually has a Raytek pc board in it if I am not mistaken. And I only paid $39, who needs a laser pointer anyway from an inch away? I don't care about bells and whistles as long as its accurate, and mine is.

FlatTop - How much is the one ya got there? Who makes it? Model #?

I use the RadioShack one as well and it appears to work just fine. But, I like that space shuttle looking one and it does have a laser pointer.

8-0

i also use the RS one. I find it helpful in tuning, but I don't look to it as my saviour. It is only a tool. I have seen guys who tune solely on a temp gun, they use the thing like a crutch. Take it away and they couldn't tune a tuba.

One word go to Sears:) I use a craftsman temp gun and it works just fine. I think its the same one in Flattops pic.

Last edited:
Hmmm......... Might just have to get one this week. Nothing else to spend my jit on......... NEW TOOLS! YES! I'm IN HEAVEN!

Thx for the link Flattop hum have to get a discont at sears on one . probley have to order it though

Rob

i use spit I'm too poor and would have no big need for a temp gun.

I've got the radio shack special, it works fine for me. Yeah it looks kinda cheap and it it, what do you expect for 40 bucks. But I've tested it against 1 other gun, it was within a couple degrees, a variance probably common to any two readers due to not pointing at the exact same spot. But in any case, it does what I need it to do, and it fits nicely into my pocket.

Radio Shack Version...

I have tested my Radio Shack version against my friends $200
one.. At low temps (under 200) they are pretty close, but as
the temp's increase, there seems to be a larger gap. Mine seems to run about 10-15 degree's hotter then his at around 300.

So I usually just subtract 10 and go with it. :)

Cygor

Back