tekno sway bar kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasterdenu

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i've heard alot of good things about this kit from tekno, but has anyone tried it with integy piggyback shocks?... will the sway bars clear the piggyback portion of the shock?

I use the sway bars, but I am using Traxxas shocks.

I am not sure about clearance above the Integy reservoirs.

I can measure the distance between the sway bar and the shock spring when I get home this evening if you like.

i would appreciate that... thanks... other area for concern would be the chassis mount end of the shocks... integy piggybacks come with their own mounting block which is different from the stock traxxas one

I'm waiting for the piggy back shocks to arrive for my Revo, & i have the Traxxas sway bar kit.

I'd be interested to know how the integy shocks perform compared to the stock items?

I do a lot of bashing & BIG jumps.

i just ordered a set of GTR shocks, platinum revo sway bar kit and Rx holder from e bay. ill let you guys know how it holds up to the tenko kit which i have installed right now

i think the integy shocks perform way better than the stock setup for sure

Is the platinum Revo sway bar different from the Traxxas one?

The Traxxas one i have installed made a huge difference to the handling of the truck, now i'm wondering if the platinum one would have been a better buy?

What weight oil do you use in the piggyback shocks?

Mine have now arrived & they state 90w front & 110w rear?

I used 50w in the standard shocks?

Any help would be appreciated.

i am running 55 weight in the front and i like that setup... as for the rear, the 55 seems too light for use with the 25 pound springs that come stock on the integys... i have some 150 weight on the way to fix that problem... i probably wont put straight 150 in though... i'll go 50/50 mix with the 150 and 55 weights to try to find a happy medium first...

sounds good man. how did the sway bar kit work out for you?

I've fitted the piggyback shocks to my Revo which had the traxxas sway bar kit.

All is fine on the rear, but the Integy front shock mount is different to the stock traxxas one.

I had to modify the sway bar mount & fit it the opposite way round just to get it on there & there's just enough clearance for the sway links around the shocks & it's very tight by the throttle/brake linkage.

Will take some pics at the weekend & post them on monday.

thanks for the pics... they will help alot

Back