Tekno RC RX/Battery Box & Fuel Tank Conversion for REVO

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want to put this my New Revo 3.3 but I can't get any answer from the manufacturer. Has anyone tried it even on their Revo 2.5? Any issues with it?

Thanks

Jon

I know Jet put one on. I don't know how well it works, but I'd like to put on on as well. Got a link to those parts?

Jet has it installed as do I. I have mine on the 2.5 revo with the stock fuel cell. No Issues here. Take your time reading the directions and double check prior to drilling the holes...all-in-all a pretty smooth install. It's a bit pricey and if you use the stock tank you end up with a bunch of useless/expensive pieces.

Mr T

Mr T-Maxx said:
Jet has it installed as do I. I have mine on the 2.5 revo with the stock fuel cell. No Issues here. Take your time reading the directions and double check prior to drilling the holes...all-in-all a pretty smooth install. It's a bit pricey and if you use the stock tank you end up with a bunch of useless/expensive pieces.

Mr T
What drilling? I plan on using the Ofna Hyper one 7. No point in using the stocker. Is there another maker that does this?

I have it for my 2.5 Revo as well. If you use the stock tank, you need to get the Traxxas Revo Fuel Tank re-build kit so you can get the extra tank mounting post that is required. You do end-up with extra parts from the kits but they can be usefull as spares.

If you are running a single steering servo, you will need to have it mounted on the engine side of the chassis in order to be able to run the larger fuel tanks.

It is actually a pretty simple install. The holes Mr. T mentions are in the top of the battery box. You need to drill holes in certain locations depending on which tank you are using. They are all pre-located but you do need to look at the diagram to make sure you are using the correct ones.

robmob said:
I have it for my 2.5 Revo as well. If you use the stock tank, you need to get the Traxxas Revo Fuel Tank re-build kit so you can get the extra tank mounting post that is required. You do end-up with extra parts from the kits but they can be usefull as spares.

If you are running a single steering servo, you will need to have it mounted on the engine side of the chassis in order to be able to run the larger fuel tanks.

It is actually a pretty simple install. The holes Mr. T mentions are in the top of the battery box. You need to drill holes in certain locations depending on which tank you are using. They are all pre-located but you do need to look at the diagram to make sure you are using the correct ones.
Thanks Rob!! I am doing this to use a bigger tank. I want longer run times.

i have it, with the stock tank. i havn't had a chance to drive with it, but it does seem a bit flimsy. the way it holds on to the chassis... there are just 2 screws holding it on. originally, the rear bar, sort of, stabilized the back of the battery back. also, the battery tray is below the steering arm skid plate, which makes me nervous. I'm having a hard time explaining my thoughts... here are some pictures.

p50900246ey.jpg

p50900258ym.jpg

see what i mean? to those of you using it, have you had any problems?

Mallanaga said:
i have it, with the stock tank. i havn't had a chance to drive with it, but it does seem a bit flimsy. the way it holds on to the chassis... there are just 2 screws holding it on. originally, the rear bar, sort of, stabilized the back of the battery back. also, the battery tray is below the steering arm skid plate, which makes me nervous. I'm having a hard time explaining my thoughts... here are some pictures.

p50900246ey.jpg

p50900258ym.jpg

see what i mean? to those of you using it, have you had any problems?
Why are you using themounts you have? The ones on the tekno rc site use these...

tkrc_1002-250cc_tank_side.jpg

Their conversion using the stock tank..
tkrc_1002-stock_tank_top.jpg

... they are the same. i don't see what you mean. i followed the directions, and used the parts that were meant to be used. /shrug.

Mallanaga said:
... they are the same. i don't see what you mean. i followed the directions, and used the parts that were meant to be used. /shrug.
CLICK... I just noticed the mounts that I was refering to are on the ofna tank not the stock one.My bad. You are right. But why is your mount shifting towards the tank?

Jon I have it, running an .18TM. I haven't yet run it on the track but should this weekend. I have the 250cc tank and purchased an HPI Hellfire tank that is 150cc, which will be at the limit under ROAR rules should I run somewhere that follows them. Nice thing is I can mount either tank by just slightly loosening the screws to move the mount bars and did not have to drill any additional holes. Another thing you'll want to do, or perhaps not depending on your battery situation. I change my packs and charge them regularly so on the battery box instead of installing the two screws in the rear of the box I put ty-wraps there for a hinged effect and then only use a screw in the front.

jetmechG550 said:
Jon I have it, running an .18TM. I haven't yet run it on the track but should this weekend. I have the 250cc tank and purchased an HPI Hellfire tank that is 150cc, which will be at the limit under ROAR rules should I run somewhere that follows them. Nice thing is I can mount either tank by just slightly loosening the screws to move the mount bars and did not have to drill any additional holes. Another thing you'll want to do, or perhaps not depending on your battery situation. I change my packs and charge them regularly so on the battery box instead of installing the two screws in the rear of the box I put ty-wraps there for a hinged effect and then only use a screw in the front.
Great idea on the zipties.. Please post some pics of your 250CC tank. Please!!!

250Tank.gif

Old-v-New-01.gif

First pic is when I just mounted it. It's actually backwards there cause I wanted to run it that way since I already had the side window out of a brand new body that I didn't want to punch anymore holes into. I've since turned it around and hacked up the body for refueling. The second is the stock tank compared to the 250.

well, i just installed the conversion and the throttle mount on my revo 3.3 a couple days ago...looks really good, works fine!!

ill post pics later today!

right now I'm running the stock tank, but I'm looking to get something about 250cc, but I've heard that the ofna tank tends to have alot of air leak problems...

anyone here try anything else as far as tanks go, besides the ofna??

thanks!

those pics are in my other thread if you wanna take a check it out

Here is a pic of my 250cc install.

revotank.jpg

Back