Tekno Carriers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
lookin into the tekno carriers for my revo, Can anyone tell me what they mean when they say additonal Ackerman locations? And one more thing, how is the Dura trax infared temp gun? Worth buying for 20$ or should i look into a little better one? Thanks for your imput!!

The Tekno carriers have 3 mounting locations on the toe link attachment arms. Changing the location of the toe link on the arm changes the Ackerman angle which results in different steering/turning/handling characteristics of the rc.
I've never owned the duratrax IR gun but it gets decent reviews.

Its the location were the toe links connect. your likely to find that there is only one location that will work.

dang you beat me to it

Ok thanks guys. wanted to make sure. Ya they said in the comments that a shorter rod would be needed for different locations.

Duratrax Temp Gun is a 50/50 crap shoot. I've owned 3 in the past...only one was decently accurate. The other 2 were 20 degrees and 35 degrees off. I'm using an O'Donnelle Temp gun now which has been decent, but it's also starting to read a little off. Whatever you buy, boil some water and point the temp gun at it. It should read right @ 212 degrees. If it's off....you'll know and can adjust accordingly when taking temps.

Exergen is the rolls royce of temp guns, but they are quite pricey at @ $200 used.

Back